For novice archers and seasoned bowhunters alike, quiver placement is an important consideration when it comes to bow shooting tips. There are two primary quiver options, either an on-the-bow quiver or a hip quiver for arrows. Knowing the advantages and disadvantages of each option is key, as bowhunters might need to make adjustments to their quiver placement depending on prey and terrain.
Table of Contents
- 1 On-the-Bow Quiver Advantages
- 2 On-the-Bow Quiver Disadvantages
- 3 Hip Quiver Advantages
- 4 Hip Quiver Disadvantages
- 5 Compound Fishing Bow Package
- 6 Nxt Generation Nitro Blazer Toy Compound Bow
- 7 Compound Bow Holder For Table
- 8 Bear Compound Bow For Adults Right Hand
- 9 Left And Right Hand Compound Youth Bow
- 10 Compound Bow Race
On-the-Bow Quiver Advantages
- Hunters don’t have to carry extra weight on their hips
- The weight of the quiver is balanced along the entire length of the bow
- The quiver is already set and in place on the bow
- With the quiver in place, hunters can easily grab arrows and shoot without having to take the extra step of grabbing arrows from the hip quiver.
On-the-Bow Quiver Disadvantages
Bulkiness and Uncomfortable Shooting
- The on-the-bow quiver can be bulky and can hinder what a hunter is able to do.
- The quiver can also weight down the bow and make for uncomfortable shooting.
Hip Quiver Advantages
- A hip quiver is more comfortable to shoot while hunting as it keeps the bow weight distributed evenly
- A hip quiver also allows a hunter to move more easily while they draw and shoot the bow
- A hip quiver is ideal when hunting prey that requires a greater element of stealth
- With a hip quiver, hunters can make last-second adjustments quickly and quietly.
Hip Quiver Disadvantages
- Having to carry an additional weight on one’s hips can be tiresome for hunters who are out for hours on end
- The hip quiver is also more cumbersome to access, as the hunter has to take the extra step of grabbing arrows from the hip quiver before they can shoot it.
In the end, choosing whether to use an on-the-bow quiver or a hip quiver is a personal preference that a hunter must ultimately decide for themselves. For instance, if the hunter is shooting close-range prey in thick brush, then a hip quiver might be a better choice. On the other hand, if the hunter is shooting at long-range targets, then the on-the-bow quiver might be a better option. All hunters should experiment in order to find the quiver placement that works best for them.
No matter which quiver a hunter choses, it will take some practice to become accustomed to either option. But with a little bit of trial and error and knowledge of the pros and cons for both, hunters can increase their comfort, accuracy, and chances of success when out in the field.
Bow shooting tips should Archers shoot with Quiver on or off the bow while hunting?
Please subscribe to my Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/PaulKorn1031
A-1 Archery web site http://www.a1archery.com/
Should you shoot with your arrow quiver on or off the bow? I personally always shoot with a quiver on the bow and this video was done as a podcast and lays out my argument for why I do it this way.
Source video. Follow the youtuber for more.
- IS ARCHERY HUNTING good or bad?
- Best Bow Hunting Quiver – TightSpot Quiver
- Top archers shooting left handed _ LEFTY SERIES by RamRods Archery #shorts
- Do Crossbows Shoot Farther Than Compound Bows?
- Quiver On & Fixed Pins! How Do You Shoot Your Bow?
- 17-21 lb Black Archery Hunting Compound Bow + Quiver + Armguard Reviews
- Off Grid Hunting Compound Bow by XGeek
- Thumb Release vs Wrist Release – Shooting the Right Bow Release Aid – ARCHERY TIPS
- Best Bow Quiver 2021 | Top 5 Bow Quiver for Hunting
- Which Bow Case is best? Hard or Soft? | Airplane Archery Equipment Travel Tips and Hacks
- Hunting Compound Bow Quiver
- HOW to SHOOT a HUNTING BOW for BEGINNERS!
- Compound Bow Quiver For Hunting
- Build Your Bow: Part 7 – Fitting a Quiver to the Bear Anarchy Compound Bow
- Compound Hunting Bow Quiver
Last update 2021-01-05. Price and product availability may change.