Having the right hunting gear is essential to staying safe and successful on the hunt. Bows in particular need to be well tuned and customized to fit the hunter. Doing a DIY bow modification is a great way to customize your bow to fit your particular needs. Whether you are looking to increase your accuracy, reduce noise, or add some extra customization, there are a number of DIY modifications you can make to your bow to make it work best for you.
Table of Contents
Tips for Bow Modification
- String Debonder: This modification involves using materials like felt, rubber bands, and rubber tubing to dampen the sound of the string after it is released. To do this, attach felt pieces, rubber bands, or rubber tubing to the string ends of the bow to absorb the vibration and reduce noise level.
- Silencers: Adding silencers to the bowstring is another way to reduce the sound of the bow when shot. Bow silencers are small pieces that are attached to the string which act to reduce the vibration in the bowstring for less noise after the shot.
Adjustable Draw Weight
- Bow Press: Making your bow adjustable is a great way to customize it for different hunting scenarios. A bow press allows you to make small adjustments to the draw weight of your bow without having to buy different bows depending on the situation.
- Bow Accessories: There are other accessories you can add to make your bow more adjustable. These include limb locks, limb dampeners, and centering rings, all of which help to adjust draw weight without replacing limbs or strings.
- Sight: Adding a sight to your bow can improve your accuracy drastically. A sight can help you align your arrows and targets, which will help reduce your chances of missing.
- Stabilizers: Adding a stabilizer to your bow will help reduce vibrational noise and movement after each shot. This will help you keep steady aim and consistent accuracy.
Doing DIY modifications to your bow can help you get the perfect fit for your particular hunting needs. Adding noise dampening and accuracy improving accessories can help you reduce your chances of missing the target and increase the effectiveness of your shot. Customizing your bow with adjustable draw weight and other accessories can help you have the perfect fit and create the perfect bow for you.
Making your own modifications to your bow can be a great, cost-effective way to make sure you have the perfect fit for your needs. With some careful research and a few simple tools, you can customize your bow for maximum accuracy and effectiveness.
DIY Custom Bow Modifications! – Customize your Hunting Gear
From my lockdown boredom springs some must-have DIY Bow mods I have done to customize my hunting Gear so I can stay indoors amidst pandemic madness! While doing so I found some amazing products that can make your bow have a custom fit, and feel like a million bucks. Do it, try it, and leave comments below! Let me know if you have done this, or you plan to!
APOD on Bitchute:
APOD on LBRY:
Join me on Subscribestar and be in our LiveStreams!
Follow me on Instagram:
Follow and Support on Patreon!:
Follow along on Parler, the free speech network!
Check out my profile on GoWild
Source video. Follow the youtuber for more.
- WHAT GEAR TO PACK FOR BOW HUNTING! – Top 10 Hunting Items
- Bear Archery Whitetail Hunter Compound Bow – Nostalgic Gear Tag Video
- Diamond Infinite Edge Pro – Compound Bow Package – Gear Review
- Gear 101 – Mathews Archery Accessories
- Bag Dump – BOW HUNTING GEAR!!
- DIY Bow Stabilizer
- Diamond Infinite Edge Pro – Updated 1yr Gear Review
- Compound Bow Hunting Gear
- Prime Black Series 2020 Hunting Bows Review
- DIY Hunting Tree Safe Bow Hanger
- TRUGLO COMPOUND BOW HUNTING STABILIZER DEADENATOR XS CAMO UNBOXING. OVERVIEW
- Top performance Hoyt left hand carbon compound bow at DW 70 lbs and DL 27.25" ready for hunting
- CUSTOM VS FACTORY BOW STRINGS | Which is better. . .
- Gear Review: BlackOut Epic Compound Bow Package
- Custom Compound Bow String
Last update 2021-01-05. Price and product availability may change.