Adjusting the poundage of a compound bow is an important part of archery equipment setup. Knowing the appropriate draw weight or poundage of a bow can make a big difference in accuracy and power. Here’s a detailed look at how to adjust compound bow poundage.
Table of Contents
Steps to Adjusting Compound Bow Poundage
Step 1: Determine Draw Weight
The first step of adjusting the poundage of your compound bow is to determine the draw weight you need. This is based on your size and strength, as well as the type of shooting you do. A draw weight of 40 pounds is suitable for beginners, while a draw weight of 50 pounds is better for more advanced shooters.
Step 2: Adjust Cable Guard
Once you know the draw weight you need, the second step is to adjust the cable guard. This is done by loosening the cable guard screws and moving the guard up or down to the correct draw length. You can also adjust the draw length with the draw module. But adjusting the cable guard can be done with just an Allen wrench and is easier than adjusting the draw module.
Step 3: Adjust Draw Module
After adjusting the cable guard, you need to adjust the draw module. This is done by loosening the draw module screw, moving the module up or down to the right draw length, and then tightening the screw. The draw module is usually the most accurate way to adjust draw length and poundage.
Step 4: Adjust Poundage
The fourth step is to adjust the poundage. This is done by turning the poundage knob clockwise to increase the draw weight, or counterclockwise to decrease the draw weight. Make sure to make small adjustments and check the draw weight after each adjustment until you get the desired poundage for your bow.
Step 5: Check Draw Weight
The last step is to check the draw weight of the bow. You can do this by using a draw scale or a draw checker. These are readily available at any archery store. After you make the adjustments, it’s important to check the draw weight to make sure it is at the desired level. This is the only way to ensure that your bow is set up correctly.
Adjusting the poundage of your compound bow is an important step in making sure your bow is set up correctly and your draw weight is at the desired level. Knowing the proper draw weight and adjusting it with the correct tools will ensure that your accuracy and power are at their best. With the steps outlined above, you should now have the knowledge to adjust the poundage of your compound bow with confidence.
- How To Adjust The Poundage On A Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Poundage On Compound Bow?
- How To Change Poundage On A Compound Bow?
- How To Change The Poundage On A Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Draw Weight On Compound Bow?
- NRTR 4 – How to Adjust Poundage on Your Bow
- How To Adjust Pounds On Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Draw Weight On Pse Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust The Draw On A Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust The Weight On A Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust The Pull Weight On A Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Draw Weight On A Martin Compound Bow?
- T-Bone's Tips: How To Set Up A Low-Poundage Bow
- How To Adjust Weight On A Compound Bow?
Last update 2021-01-05. Price and product availability may change.