Knowing how to adjust the poundage on a compound bow is an essential skill for any archer. Adjusting the poundage on a compound bow affects the distance your arrow flies, its velocity, and the force it applies when it hits the target. It’s important to know how to adjust this setting so you can use the correct setting for the situation. This guide will explain how to adjust the poundage on a compound bow, along with the different settings and the requirements for each.
Tools You Will Need
Before you start adjusting the poundage on your compound bow, you will need a few tools. These include a bow press, bow scale, and allen wrenches. Depending on the make and model of your bow, you may also need some additional tools, so it’s important to understand what your bow requires before you start.
How to Adjust the Poundage on a Compound Bow
Once you have all the necessary tools in place, you’re ready to adjust the poundage on your compound bow. Follow these steps:
- Attach the bow press to your bow
- Slide the bow into the press until it’s secured in it
- Use the allen wrenches to adjust the draw weight of your bow
- Measure the draw weight of the bow with the bow scale
- Adjust the draw weight as needed until you’ve reached the desired poundage
- Remove the bow from the press and reattach it to the rest
- Test the compound bow to check that the poundage is set properly
What is the Proper Draw Weight for a Compound Bow?
The proper draw weight for a compound bow depends on a few factors, such as your body size, physique, strength, and experience. For example, a beginner archer might need a draw weight of around 22-28 pounds, while an experienced archer may need closer to 40 pounds. It’s important to understand your own needs, as well as the requirements of the type of archery you plan on doing, when adjusting the poundage of your compound bow.
Adjusting the poundage on a compound bow is an important skill for any archer. Knowing how to adjust it correctly is essential for both accuracy and safety. To properly adjust the poundage, you need a bow press, a bow scale, and allen wrenches. You also need to know what poundage is appropriate for you, as well as the type of archery you’re doing. Understanding the procedure and the various settings of a compound bow will ensure that you’re prepared for any situation.
- How To Adjust A Compound Bow Poundage?
- How To Adjust The Poundage On A Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Pounds On Compound Bow?
- How to Adjust the Draw Weight of Your Compound Bow
- NRTR 4 – How to Adjust Poundage on Your Bow
- How To Adjust Draw Weight On A Hoyt Compound Bow?
- How To Change The Poundage On A Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Draw Weight On A Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Pull Weight On Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Draw Weight On Pse Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust The Weight On A Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Cam Timing On A Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Draw Length On A Compound Bow?
- How To Change Poundage On A Compound Bow?
- T-Bone's Tips: How To Set Up A Low-Poundage Bow
Last update 2021-01-05. Price and product availability may change.