Knowing how to adjust the poundage on a compound bow can make shooting much more pleasurable and productive. Adjusting the poundage with the right tools and technique also helps ensure that you’re shooting safely. It’s an important step when setting up a new bow and an easy fix if you run into issues while shooting. Most compound bow owners need to change the weight of the draw to adapt to different shooting scenarios.
Table of Contents
What You’ll Need
- Allen key or similar tool
- A scale to check the weight
- A wrench to loosen or tighten cables
Start with the Basics
- Unlock the limb bolts at the end of the bow.
- Drop the arm of the bow until it’s in the right position and then lock the limb bolts back.
- Choose the appropriate Allen key for your bow and fasten screws if necessary.
Check the Weight
- Use a scale to test the draw weight. You should know what the current weight of the draw for the bow is and make sure that the read on the scale is within a few pounds of that.
- If the weight is off, you need to adjust it. If it is too high, then need to lower it, and visa versa.
Adjust the Poundage
- Use the wrench to loosen the end of the cable. Once the cable is loosened, you can move the arm capping and shift the limb weight.
- Keep doing this until the desired draw weight is achieved. At this point, the cable needs to be tightened again.
Finalize the Adjustment
- Check the draw weight again with the scale, repeating the process if the desired weight is not achieved.
- Finally, attach the peep sight, restring, and job is done!
Adjusting the pounds on a compound bow is an important step for ensuring a safe and enjoyable shooting experience. With the right tools and techniques, anyone can learn how to adjust the draw weight on a compound bow. All you need is an Allen key or similar tool to loosen and tighten the limb bolts and a scale to measure the draw weight. Additionally, a wrench can be used to loosen or tighten cables. After adjusting the poundage and finalizing the adjustment, you can attach the peep sight and restring the bow.
- How To Adjust Pull Weight On Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Draw Weight On A Hoyt Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust The Poundage On A Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust A Compound Bow Poundage?
- How To Adjust Draw Length On A Martin Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Draw Weight On A Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Draw Weight On Pse Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Draw Length On A Compound Bow?
- How to Adjust the Draw Weight of Your Compound Bow
- How To Adjust Poundage On Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Cam Timing On A Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Weight On Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Draw Length On Bear Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Draw Weight On A Martin Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Genesis Compound Bow?
Last update 2021-01-05. Price and product availability may change.