Installing a peep sight on your compound bow is a great way to enhance your archery accuracy. Peep sights are small devices that attach to your bow string, and they act like biological, human eyes that allow you to line up your shot more precisely. If you’re looking to change or upgrade your peep sight, here are the steps to take.
Table of Contents
Installing a Peep Sight on a Compound Bow
Gather the Materials You Need
- Peep Sight: This is the main component that needs to be installed, and there are a variety of sizes and types of peep sights. The size you choose should depend on the size of the archers eyes.
- Bow String: You will need a string of a specific gauge for it to fit inside of the peep sight.
- Tuning Kit: This will help you make adjustments to your setup once the peep sight is in place.
Install the Peep Sight on Your Bow String
- With the bow string unstrung and run through the cable and string guides on the bow, take the peep sight and attach it to the bowstring. You may need to twist or turn the peep sight until it is oriented and tightened properly.
- Then, feed one end of the bow string through the hole in the peep sight and tie a know. Make sure to leave enough slack in the tie so that the peep sight doesn’t kink or snap the bowstring.
Finalize Your Tuning
- After you have installed your peep sight, you will need to make sure that it is properly tuned for optimal performance. With your tuning kit, you can use the Allen wrench to make the necessary adjustments to the peep sight.
- Start by loosening the set screws on the peep sight and then adjust the peep sight’s height and angle to the rest of your bow until it is perfectly aligned. Finally, use the Allen wrench to secure the peep sight in place.
Installing a peep sight on a compound bow is a relatively simple process, but it is important to make sure it is done properly so that it performs effectively. With the right tools and some patience, you can upgrade your archery accuracy with a peep sight.
- How To Install Peep Sight On Compound Bow?
- How To Add A Peep Sight To A Compound Bow?
- How To Install A Peep Sight On A Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Peep Sight On Compound Bow?
- How To Aim A Compound Bow With A Peep Sight?
- How To Fix Peep Sight On Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust The Peep Sight On A Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust A Peep Sight On A Compound Bow?
- How to fit a peep sight – Compound Bow Setup
- How To Adjust Peep On Compound Bow?
- How To Aim A Compound Bow Without A Peep Sight?
- How To Change A Compound Bow String?
- How To Change Draw Weight On Compound Bow?
- How To Change The Draw Weight On A Compound Bow?
- How To Change Draw Length On A Compound Bow?
Last update 2021-01-05. Price and product availability may change.