Determining the correct draw length for a compound bow is essential in ensuring that you get the best out of the bow. To make sure you make the most of your shooting experience, you need to find the right draw length for your body size and compound bow. Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your compound bow shooting experience.
Table of Contents
Measuring Your Draw Length
1. Measure Your Wingspan
The first step in measuring the draw length is to measure your wingspan. To do this, stand up straight with your arms stretched out wide to each side. Measure the distance between your middle fingers. Divide this number by 2.5 to get your draw size. This will give you a base to work with and a place to start.
2. Visit An Archery Shop
Once you have an idea of your draw length based on your wingspan, it’s time to visit your local archery store. There, the staff can help you find the perfect bow for you, using your draw size as the starting point. They can also work with you to find the perfect draw weight and arrow type for your shooting style and experience level.
3. Test The Bow
Before you purchase a new bow, make sure to test it out. Try shooting a few rounds and make sure the draw weight feels comfortable and that the bow is properly balanced. Make sure to check for any slippage in the string or any unnatural sounds that could indicate a faulty string or a bad connection. It’s also important to ensure that the bow fits your size and posture and that the accessories you choose fit you properly.
4. Consider Buying a Test Bow
If you’re looking to find the perfect draw length, you may want to consider investing in a compound bow test bow. Test bows are designed to give you a better understanding of your draw length and the type of bow that will work best for you. There are many companies that sell test bows and they provide invaluable feedback and help-determine the type of bow you should buy.
5. Practice, Practice, Practice
The best way to determine your perfect draw length is through practice. Invest in some quality arrows and practice, practice, practice. The more you practice and the more you get comfortable with the bow and draw weight, the better chance you have of finding the perfect draw length.
Determining the correct draw length for a compound bow is essential in making sure you get the best out of the bow. Before you invest in a compound bow, make sure to measure your wingspan and visit an archery shop for help in finding the best draw length and accessories for your shooting style and experience level. Make sure to test the bow before purchasing and consider buying a test bow to get an even better understanding of your perfect draw length. Lastly, practice using quality arrows, as this will help you determine your perfect draw length.
- How To Determine Draw Length For Compound Bow?
- How To Determine Your Draw Length Compound Bow?
- How To Determine Draw Length On Compound Bow?
- How To Determine Compound Bow Draw Length?
- How To Determine Draw Length On A Compound Bow?
- How To Determine Draw Length Compound Bow?
- How To Determine Draw Length For A Compound Bow?
- How To Determine Proper Draw Length For Compound Bow?
- How To Determine Arrow Length Compound Bow?
- How To Calculate Draw Length For Compound Bow?
- How To Figure Out Draw Length For Compound Bow?
- How Do You Determine Draw Length For A Compound Bow?
- How To Figure Draw Length For Compound Bow?
- How To Figure Draw Length For A Compound Bow?
- How To Check Draw Length On A Compound Bow?
Last update 2021-01-05. Price and product availability may change.