Selecting the right draw length for a compound bow is an important step in ensuring a successful archery experience. An incorrectly sized draw length can lead to decreased accuracy and an uncomfortable shot, so making sure you choose the right size is vitally important. Fortunately, you don’t have to be an archery expert to find the correct draw length for your bow– there are simple measuring devices and tests to help you figure out the draw length.
Table of Contents
Measuring for Draw Length
Using a Draw Length Inspection Tool
To measure for draw length for a compound bow using a draw length inspection tool, you’ll need a flexible tape measure and a non-flexible tape measure. Start by measuring your wingspan— the distance from the tip of one middle finger to the tip of the other, when your arms are extended out to the side. Record this number.
Calculating Draw Length
Once you’ve recorded your wingspan, it’s time to convert that number into a draw-length. To do this, divide the wingspan number by 2.5. This will give you the approximate optimal draw length for your bow.
Testing Your Bow
Once you’ve decided on the draw length, it’s important to test the bow against your chosen length to make sure it’s a good fit. First, set your arrow rest as high as it will go, and get into your normal shooting stance. Draw your bow with your dominant arm and check to see if your fist touches the front of your face. If it does, then the draw length is correct.
Adjusting Your Bow
If you find that your draw length is too long or too short, you can adjust the bow to fit you better. To do this, refer to your bow’s manual for instructions on adjusting the draw length. Generally, the draw length of a compound bow can be easily adjusted using an Allen wrench and the bow’s limb bolts. If you’re having trouble, though, your local archery store will be able to help you out.
Figuring out the draw length of a compound bow may seem daunting at first, but it really isn’t as complicated as it seems. With a few simple measurements and tests, you can easily determine the correct draw length for your bow and get ready to shoot with confidence.
Nobody wants to make the mistake of getting the wrong draw length, so take the time to ensure that you have the right size bow. With the right fit, you can enjoy a more comfortable and accurate archery experience.
- How To Figure Draw Length For Compound Bow?
- How To Figure Draw Length For A Compound Bow?
- How To Figure Your Draw Length For A Compound Bow?
- How To Figure Out Arrow Length For Compound Bow?
- How To Figure Out Draw Weight On Compound Bow?
- How To Calculate Draw Length For Compound Bow?
- How To Measure Compound Bow Draw Length?
- How To Determine Draw Length For Compound Bow?
- How To Determine Your Draw Length For A Compound Bow?
- How To Determine Draw Length For A Compound Bow?
- How To Measure Draw Length On A Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Your Draw Length On A Compound Bow?
- How To Determine Compound Bow Draw Length?
- How To Check Draw Length On A Compound Bow?
- How To Measure Draw Length Of A Compound Bow?
Last update 2021-01-05. Price and product availability may change.