Installing a peep sight on a compound bow is a relatively simple process, but care must be taken to ensure that the peep is correctly installed. For firing accuracy and safety, it’s important to make sure the peep is configured with the right settings for the string, eye relief and peep size. In this article, we will take a look at the steps to install a peep sight on a compound bow.
Table of Contents
Step by Step Guide to Installing a Peep Sight
Step 1: Pre-Installation Preparation
- Determine the correct size of the peep sight. Your bow’s manual should provide specifications for the size and type of peep sight to use.
- Cut the peep sight to the correct length, usually ranging from 1/8 to 1/2 inch. Once cut, use a file or emery cloth to smooth the edges of the aperture.
- If necessary, adjust the peep sight so that it is centered on the bowstring.
Step 2: Installing the Peep Sight
- Locate the hole for the peep sight in the bowstring. The peep should hang directly in line with the string.
- Connect the bowstring to the peep sight. Tie an overhand knot around the peep. Ensure that the knot is pulled tightly for a secure fit.
- Carefully attach the peep sight to the bowstring without damaging it. The alignment and tension of the bowstring should remain unchanged.
- Use a pair of pliers to adjust the peep sight’s orientation so that it fits snugly on the string.
- Check the orientation of the peep sight again to make sure it is properly aligned with the abutments on the bowstring.
Step 3: Assessing the Peep Sight Position
- Adjust the peep sight position so it sits a few millimeters away from the eye when looking through the peep.
- Make sure that the peep sight is facing away from the shooter’s face when viewed from the side.
- Adjust the peep sight angle so it is facing the target when sighting with the bow.
- Check the peep size by looking through the peep sight. If it is too big or small, adjust the size accordingly.
Installing a peep sight on your compound bow is a relatively simple process, although it can be time consuming. Make sure you double-check your work and verify that the peep sight is securely set in the bowstring, with the correct size and away from your face. This will provide greater accuracy when shooting and also provide more safety for the shooter.
- How To Install A Peep Sight On A Compound Bow?
- How To Change A Peep Sight On A Compound Bow?
- How To Add A Peep Sight To A Compound Bow?
- How To Aim A Compound Bow With A Peep Sight?
- How To Adjust Peep Sight On Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust A Peep Sight On A Compound Bow?
- How To Fix Peep Sight On Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust The Peep Sight On A Compound Bow?
- How to fit a peep sight – Compound Bow Setup
- How To Adjust Peep On Compound Bow?
- How To Install Nocking Point On Compound Bow?
- How To Install A Bow Sight.
- How To Aim A Compound Bow Without A Peep Sight?
- How to Install Compound Bow Right Hand Version – Yescom
- How to install Wrist Sling on your Compound Bow — Elong Outdoor Product Ltd.
Last update 2021-01-05. Price and product availability may change.