Stringing a compound bow takes some practice, but it is a necessary skill to have when looking to upkeep your bow. To ensure the safety of yourself and the equipment, the following steps should be taken when stringing a bow.
Detailed Long Answer
Steps to Follow
- Gather the required materials. You will need a bow stringer, a heavy duty cable and string, bow press and bow press arrows, bow stringer extension and a stringer barrel or ring. It is also beneficial to have a bowsling or bow holder
- Attach the stringer to the cam or the yoke. This can be done by sliding the barrel into the pocket or strap of the bow.
- Place the compound bow into the bow press. Make sure the limbs of the bow are firmly attached in the bow press.
- Attach the string to the string groves of the bow. Slide the string halfway onto the the bow’s limb and add the barrel or ring to secure it in place.
- Attach the stringer extension to the string and the stringer. Position the string so that it is in line with the sides of the bow.
- The bow should now be strung. Carefully draw back the stringer and slowly bring it to the correct draw length.
Once the bowstring is correctly tensioned, slowly disengage the stringer and remove it from the bow. It is also important to inspect the string and cable to make sure they are not frayed or damaged as this can affect the performance of the bow. Finally, remember to store the bow in a safe place and inspect it regularly to ensure it works properly.
In conclusion, stringing a compound bow takes some skill and practice, but with the right tools it is a relatively simple procedure. Following the steps outlined above, combined with a diagram, will ensure a safe and efficient stringing experience.
- How To String A Compound Bow?
- How To Make A Compound Bow String?
- How To Change Compound Bow String?
- How To String Compound Bow?
- How To Measure A Compound Bow String?
- How To Build A Compound Bow String?
- How To Change A Compound Bow String?
- How To Re String Compound Bow
- How Often To Change Compound Bow String?
- How To Wax Compound Bow String?
- How To Restring Compound Bow?
- How To Wax A Compound Bow String?
- How Often To Replace Compound Bow String?
- How to Put the String on a Dragon X8 Compound Bow Without a Bow Press
- T-Bone's Tips: How To Check Your Bow String
Last update 2021-01-05. Price and product availability may change.