Installing a springy arrow rest is an essential part of tuning your compound bow. It is important to invest time and effort into setting up the arrow rest to get the most out of the bow. In this article, we will discuss how to properly install a springy arrow rest.
Table of Contents
- 1 Types Of Springy Arrow Rests
- 2 Preparing To Install The Rest
- 3 Positioning The Rest
- 4 Attaching The Rest
- 5 Tuning The Rest
- 6 Hoyt Carbon Spider Compound Bow
- 7 Compound Bow With Fishing Reel
- 8 Genesis Youth Compound Bow Case
- 9 Genesis Compound Bow Press
- 10 Bow Stand For Compound Bow Outdoor
- 11 Trufire Compound Bow Hand Release
Types Of Springy Arrow Rests
The most common types of springy arrow rests are full-capture, pronged and self-aligning rests. Full-capture rests are designed with a brush-like material around the arrow which ensures the arrow stays in place. Pronged rests have several curved arms that extend outward from the bow riser and hold the arrow in place. The self-aligning rest is designed to help get the proper arrow alignment and is used for more advanced versions of the bow.
Preparing To Install The Rest
Before installing the rest, there are a few things that you need to take into consideration. The first is the bowriser. Depending on the model of your bow, the amount of space available for the rest may vary. The second is the stabilizer. You need to make sure the stabilizer is properly installed so that the arrow rest is flush with the riser. This will help ensure a smoother arrow flight.
Positioning The Rest
Once you have the rest in hand, you need to find the best position for it. To do this, you need to adjust the rest’s position on the bow three times. First, you need to adjust the rest so that it is close to, but not touching the arrow shelf. Second, the rest should be adjusted so that the level bubbles on the rest point towards the center of the bowstring. Third, you need to adjust the rest’s position until the arrow is set to the center of the string and shelf.
Attaching The Rest
Once the position is set, you need to attach the rest with the supplied screws. Make sure you predrill the holes and use appropriate locking nuts or washers to ensure a secure fit. Tighten the screws until the rest is secure. It’s also important to make sure that the rest does not move after tightening the screws.
Tuning The Rest
Once the rest is secure, it is important to fine-tune the rest before shooting. For the full-capture and pronged rests, it is important to adjust the contact points on the arrow so that they are even. This will ensure that the rest is in line with the arrow shelf and will not cause an uneven arrow flight. For the self-aligning rest, make sure that the arrow is properly centered in the wheel and that the wheel is flush with the riser.
Installing a springy arrow rest is an important part of tuning your compound bow. It is important to take the time necessary to adjust the arrow rest to ensure a smooth and accurate shot. By following the steps outlined above, you should have no trouble installing your new springy arrow rest and getting the best performance possible from your bow.
Springy Arrow Rest Installation in compound
Short description of Micro Adjustable Springy Arrow Rest. How to install on a compound bow. Shown is the arrow rest complete unit, in parts and installed on a Barnsdale Classic Compound bow.
Source video. Follow the youtuber for more.
- Most accurate arrow rest alignment in one simple trick.
- How To Adjust Arrow Rest On Compound Bow?
- Choosing An Arrow Rest | Arrow Rest Comparisons
- Adjusting YOUR Arrow Rest by Diamond Archery
- Brush Capture Arrow Rest For Compound Bow
- Top 5 Best Drop Away Arrow Rest in 2021
- Adjusting an Arrow Rest
- Topoint Archery Australia M1 Compound bow package Accessory Installation Guide
- Free! Arrow Rest Install Module
- Best Arrow Rest 2020 – Top 5 Arrow Rests For Hunting
- CBE's All new X4 arrow rest.
- Bow And Arrow Compound With Arrow Rest
- Avalon Tyro arrow rest
- TUNING a Whisker Biscuit Arrow Rest
- MATHEWS BOW BUILD – PART 2 – Properly Installing Arrow Rest
Last update 2021-01-05. Price and product availability may change.