Choosing the right arrows for a compound bow is an important decision. The right arrows will reduce the chances of your bow misfiring or shooting too far, and provide you with the best possible performance. There are a few key things to consider when selecting arrows for your bow, including size, weight, and material. Additionally, it’s important to select arrows that are designed specifically for your type of bow.
Table of Contents
1. Evaluate your Bow
It is important to consider your type of bow when choosing your arrows. Recurve bows utilize arrows that are shorter and narrower than those used for compound bows. Longbows typically require arrows with a different design, as well. When in doubt, consult your owner’s manual or contact your bow’s manufacturer for more specific details.
2. Consider Your Draw Length
Your draw length must be closely matched to the length of the arrow that you choose. If the arrows you select are shorter than the draw length of your bow, accuracy and consistency will be reduced significantly. To determine the length of your draw length, measure from the nock groove to the end of the bow grip. Longbows and recurve bows will typically require arrows that are at least 26” in length, while compound bows typically require arrows that are 28-32” in length.
3. Choose an Appropriate Diameter
In addition to choosing an appropriate length for your arrows, you must also choose an arrow with an appropriate diameter. If the diameter of your arrow is too large, it may bind or stack when releasing it from your bow. If the diameter of your arrow is too small, it may misfire or fail to penetrate your target. Most arrows designed for compound bows will have a diameter that ranges between 0.298” to 0.302”.
4. Select an Arrow Weight
The weight of an arrow is measured in grains, and is typically printed on the side of the arrow shaft. Heavier arrows provide more momentum and stability, but require more power to release. Heavier arrows are commonly used in indoor shooting and hunting, while lighter arrows are more popular for outdoor target shooting. When in doubt, consult your owner’s manual or contact your bow’s manufacturer for more specific details regarding the ideal arrow weight for your type of bow.
5. Determine the Arrow Spine
Arrow spine is the degree to which a particular arrow will flex when released from your bow. If the arrow Flexes too much, accuracy and consistency will be reduced significantly. To determine the arrow spine for your type of bow and draw length, consult your owner’s manual or contact your bow’s manufacturer.
Selecting the right arrows for your compound bow is an integral part of achieving peak performance. Remember to consider the size, weight, material and spine of your arrows, and to choose arrows designed specifically for your type of bow. Consider your draw length, the arrow shaft’s diameter, and the arrow weight to ensure the most accurate, consistent performance. Think carefully and research thoroughly when selecting arrows for your compound bow.
In conclusion, choosing the right arrows for a compound bow is an important step in maximizing your performance. Be sure to evaluate your bow, consider your draw length, choose an appropriate diameter and arrow weight, and determine the arrow spine for the best results. Doing so will help ensure that your bow shoots accurately and consistently.
- How To Choose Arrows For Compound Bow?
- How To Choose The Right Arrows For Your Compound Bow?
- How To Choose Compound Bow Arrows?
- How To Choose An Arrow For A Compound Bow?
- How To Choose The Right Arrow For My Compound Bow?
- How to Choose Arrows for a Compound Bow | The Sticks Outfitter | EP. 34
- How To Choose The Right Arrow For Compound Bow?
- HOW TO CHOOSE ARROWS FOR HUNTING – Choose the right arrows for your bow // BOW ARROWS EXPLAINED
- Arrow Selection – How to Choose the Right One
- How To Choose The Right Arrow For Your Compound Bow?
- How To Choose The Right Compound Bow?
- How To Choose Arrow Length For Compound Bow?
- How To Choose A Compound Bow?
- How To Choose A Compound Bow For Beginners?
- How To Know What Arrows To Buy For Compound Bow?
Last update 2021-01-05. Price and product availability may change.