Knowing how to adjust the draw weight of your compound bow is an important part of properly setting up any archery rig. Draw weight is defined as the amount of force that must be used to draw a given bowstring length. Having your bow draw weight set to your draw length and personal preferences is important for accuracy and comfort. Fortunately, adjusting draw weight is not difficult and can be done with a few tools and a few quick steps.
Table of Contents
- 1 Steps to Adjust Draw Weight
- 2 Compound Bow String 43 Inch
- 3 Bear Apprentice Compound Bow
- 4 Arrows For Bear Compound Bow
- 5 Compound Bow And Arrow Ambidextrous
- 6 Pse Hammer Compound Bow
- 7 Real For Compound Bow
Steps to Adjust Draw Weight
1. Gather the Following Tools:
- One or two cams (depending on your bow)
- A cam/string separator
- Bow press
- Bow block
- Allen wrenches
- Process scale
2. Prepare the Bow Setup:
- Unstring the bow by separating the limbs and the string.
- Loosen the bolts on the cams (if multiple cams on your bow, then do one at a time).
- Remove the cams and take them off the bow frame.
- Attach the bow press, unstring the bow, and remove the cam/string separator.
- Attach the bow block in the press, and place the cams in the bow press.
3. Adjust the Draw Weight:
- Use the bow scale to measure the draw weight of the cams, and adjust them accordingly.
- Using the Allen wrenches, loosen the cams draw stop screws to lengthen the draw length slightly.
- The longer the draw length, the less draw weight. This is a great way to lower the draw weight, because the only thing you have to do is extend the length of the draw.
- You can also increase the draw weight by turning down the cams draw stop screws, allowing them to shorten the draw length.
- Reattach the cams back on the bow frame.
- Tighten down the draw stop screws to the proper draw length.
- Tighten down the mounting bolts to their original position.
- Remove the cams from the bow press and put the string back on the bow.
- Place the cam/string separator between the cams and the string.
- Tighten the bow press and check your set up to ensure that it is all tightened down.
Adjusting draw weight is a relatively simple and straightforward process. Having your bow draw weight set correctly will ensure that you have an accurate and comfortable shooting experience. As long as you have the right tools and follow the necessary steps, adjusting the draw weight of your compound bow should be simple and easy.
How to Adjust the Draw Weight of Your Compound Bow
For PSE’s newest products check out http://www.pse-archery.com or give us a like on FACEBOOK: …
Source video. Follow the youtuber for more.
- How To Adjust Draw Weight On A Hoyt Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Draw Weight On A Bear Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Draw Weight Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Draw Weight On A Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Draw Weight On A Martin Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Weight On Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Compound Bow Draw Weight?
- How To Adjust Draw Weight On Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Draw Weight On Pse Compound Bow?
- How to change the draw length and weight on a Barnett vortex hunter
- How To Change Draw Weight On A Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Pull Weight On Compound Bow?
- How To Change Draw Weight On Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Your Draw Length On A Compound Bow?
- How To Change The Draw Weight On A Compound Bow?
Last update 2021-01-05. Price and product availability may change.