Anchoring correctly for maximum accuracy is a key skill when shooting a compound bow. John Dudley of Nock On has developed a method which helps shooters to get the most accuracy out of their equipment and shooting setup. By following some simple steps that John outlines, compound bow shooters can achieve maximum accuracy and consistency while shooting.
Table of Contents
- 1 Establishing the Anchor Point
- 2 Performing the Anchor
- 3 Womens Compound Bow And Arrow
- 4 Compound Hunting Bow Set
- 5 Green Compound Bow Accessories
- 6 Bow Stabilizer For Compound Bow Hoyt
- 7 Left Handed Compound Bow Teen
- 8 Archery Compound Bow Mathews Bow
Establishing the Anchor Point
The first step to correctly anchoring a compound bow is to establish the anchor point on the bow hand. John recommends three key anchor points on the face and neck of the shooter that should be used.
John suggests that the first anchor point should be located on the cheekbone near the corner of the jaw. This location gives shooters the necessary support and stability to better control the bow during the shot.
The Corner of the Mouth
The second anchor point should be located at the corner of the mouth. This area provides a consistent, repeatable anchor point to give shooters accuracy and consistency.
The final anchor point should be located on the shooters chin just below the corner of the mouth. This location ensures consistent alignment and clearance of the string as well as providing support to the bow.
Performing the Anchor
Once the anchor points have been established, shooters must learn to consistently use them every time they shoot. To achieve this, John suggests that shooters focus on three simple steps.
- Focus: The first step is to draw the bow and focus on the target. Once the bow is at full draw, with the bow hand in the correct position, the archer should shift their focus to the anchor points.
- Position:Once the focus has shifted to the anchor points, the shooter should ensure that the bow hand is properly placed on the face and neck in order to achieve a consistent anchor. Additionally, the bow hand should be gripped firmly, but not too tightly in order to ensure that it does not move during the shot.
- Control:The last step is to ensure that the bow remains in the anchored position throughout the shot. The shooter should focus on the target and aim with a steady, controlled movement.
John Dudley of Nock On has outlined a simple set of steps that can help compound bow shooters to achieve maximum accuracy and consistency when shooting. By learning the proper way to establish and anchor the bow, shooters can ensure that they are using the correct technique and getting the most out of their equipment. With practice, their scoring can drastically improve.
In conclusion, anchoring correctly is an essential skill for any compound bow shooter. Following John Dudley’s guidelines for establishing and anchoring the bow can help shooters to improve their accuracy and consistency. With focused practice and proper technique, shooters can improve their scores significantly.
How to Anchor Properly to achieve maximum accuracy with a compound bow: John Dudley of Nock On
In this Nock On Dead Center segment sponsored by Yamaha Outdoors you will learn how to properly anchor your release hand to achieve maximum accuracy with your compound Target Archery, bowhunting or 3D Archery setup. Follow this and all the other simple tips on this channel to become a better archer and be more accurate with your bow. Subscribe today to have immediate access to all tips when they are released.
FOR MORE ARCHERY COACHING AND TIPS VISIT THE SCHOOL OF NOCK HERE – https://nockonarchery.com/school-of-nock/
Source video. Follow the youtuber for more.
- Proper Draw Length with John Dudley of Nock On
- 2021 PSE Embark NOCK ON John Dudley Bow Review by Mike's Archery Inc.
- LEARN ARCHERY: How to Properly Anchor with a Wrist Strap Release
- How to Serve a Bowstring with John Dudley
- Beginning Archery 101 -What you need to know- with Renowned coach John Dudley
- How to find your Proper Anchor Point in Archery Compound Bows
- School of Nock Season 2: #7, How to Choose the Best Rest
- How to aim a compound bow in archery
- Learning Archery 101: How to Shoot a Compound Bow – Class 2 of 3
- How to set Nock Height on a Compound Bow
- How To Shoot A Compound Bow Accurately?
- 3 Tips To Improve Your Archery Accuracy
- How To Properly Draw A Compound Bow?
- How To Draw A Compound Bow Correctly?
- How To Properly Shoot A Compound Bow?
Last update 2021-01-05. Price and product availability may change.