Adjusting the peep sight on your compound bow is a crucial step to ensuring accurate, consistent shooting. In order to effectively adjust your peep sight, you’ll need a few tools, such as an allen wrench, but the process is relatively simple for anyone to complete. Through following a few simple instructions and tips, you can accurately adjust the peep sight on your compound bow as needed and continue to have successful shooting.
Table of Contents
- Compound bow
- Allen wrench
- Silicone lubricant
- String wax
- Teflon tape
1. Remove the string:
Start by loosening the bowstring on your compound bow and making sure to move it off of the peep sight. Once loose, you’ll need to completely remove the string in order to access the peep sight.
2. Adjust the peep sight:
Once the string has been removed from the compound bow, you can access the peep sight. To adjust the peep sight, use an allen wrench to loosen the peep sight from the string slot. At this time, you can adjust the peep sight in a few different ways; you can adjust the peep sight side-to-side, up-and-down, or you can reposition it to a new eye position on your recurve bow.
3. Lubricate and wax:
Once you have the peep sight in the desired position, you can use a silicone lubricant or Teflon tape to keep it securely in place. Apply either the lubricant or the tape around the peep sight’s connection to the bow in order to help keep it from slipping. You may also need to wax the string of your bow for each time you re-string it and adjust the peep sight. Doing so will keep the string from fraying and the bow will be able to perform more efficiently.
4. Re-string the compound bow:
Once you are satisfied with the adjustment of your peep sight, you’ll need to re-string your bow. Make sure to thread the string carefully through the peep sight and position the peep sight so that it is in line with the centre of your bow’s riser. Once threaded properly, tighten the bowstring and test the adjustment of the peep sight to ensure that it is secure.
Adjusting the peep sight can be an important step in achieving accurate and consistent performance from your compound bow. Throughout the process, keep safety in mind at all times and make sure to have the proper tools to make the adjustments needed. Though the process is relatively simple once you have the proper tools, if you are ever unsure about how to adjust the peep sight, reach out to a professional to complete the job.
- How To Adjust The Peep Sight On A Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust A Peep Sight On A Compound Bow?
- How To Install A Peep Sight On A Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Peep On Compound Bow?
- How To Fix Peep Sight On Compound Bow?
- How To Change A Peep Sight On A Compound Bow?
- How To Install Peep Sight On Compound Bow?
- How To Add A Peep Sight To A Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Sight On Compound Bow?
- How to fit a peep sight – Compound Bow Setup
- How To Adjust A Compound Bow Sight?
- How To Aim A Compound Bow With A Peep Sight?
- How To Adjust Draw Length On A Martin Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Pull Weight On Compound Bow?
- How To Adjust Compound Bow Sight?
Last update 2021-01-05. Price and product availability may change.